Tofu Keema Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- salt to taste
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
step 1: Place tofu in a colander, and cover with a plate. Weight down with a skillet or some other heavy object. Let drain for 30 minutes. Place in the freezer for 24 hours.
step 2: Remove tofu from freezer, and defrost. Mince, and set aside.
step 3: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add cumin seeds, and cook until the seeds begin to sputter. Cook onion, ginger, garlic in oil until browned. Stir in tofu, peas, and curry powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Then stir in tomatoes and salt. Cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Stir in chopped pepper, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.