Tofu with Ground Pork Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound ground pork
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) package cubed firm tofu
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Asian chile pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons tamari
step 1: In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
step 2: Heat the oil in a wok over high heat, and cook the garlic 1 minute. Place the pork in the wok, and cook 5 minutes, until evenly brown.
step 3: Mix the mushrooms, tofu, and green onion into the wok. Stir in the chile pepper sauce, ketchup, and tamari. Continue cooking until heated through. Serve over the cooked rice.