Tomato, Bacon and Cheese Quiche Recipe
- 1 frozen prepared 9-inch deep dish pie crust*
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Allow pie crust to thaw; pierce bottom and sides with a fork. Parbake crust directly on rack in center of oven for 7 minutes; remove from oven.
step 2: Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon; drain on paper towels then crumble; set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings; drain remaining fat.
step 3: Add onion to reserved drippings. Cook over medium-high heat until soft; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Blend in bacon, onion, drained tomatoes, cheese, and basil. Pour into pie shell; spread ingredients evenly.
step 4: Bake about 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.