Tomato Feta Chicken with Orzo Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 3/4 cups pearl onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
step 1: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil about 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet, using tongs.
step 2: Add 1 tablespoon oil to drippings in skillet; heat over medium-low heat. Cook onions in oil mixture about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Stir in garlic. Cook and stir about 30 seconds or until garlic is light golden brown.
step 3: Stir in remaining ingredients except orzo and cheese; break up tomatoes. Add chicken. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
step 4: Serve tomato mixture over chicken and orzo. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, additional chopped fresh cilantro.