Tomato Pie II Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- 5 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake pie crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
step 2: Cover bottom of pie crust with a layer of tomato slices. In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, basil, and garlic powder. Sprinkle half of mixture over tomato slices. Layer remaining tomato slices in pie crust. Sprinkle with the rest of seasoning mixture. In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise and cheese. Spread mixture evenly over top of pie.
step 3: Reduce oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake pie for 35 minutes.