Tomato Pie I Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound bacon - cooked, drained, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In alternating layers, fill pastry shell with tomatoes, basil, scallions, bacon, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper. In a small bowl, mix cheese with mayonnaise. Spread mixture over top of pie. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil from top of pie and bake an additional 30 minutes. Serve warm or cold.