Tomato Sauce Corn Chicken Recipe
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves, with skin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
step 1: Dredge chicken in flour; heat oil in a large skillet and brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
step 2: In a large saucepan combine the tomato sauce, corn and onion and bring to a boil. Stir in chili powder, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt. Add chicken and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 60 minutes, to allow flavors to blend and penetrate the chicken.