Tortilla Casserole Recipe
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
step 1: Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Line the bottom of the dish with 4 tortillas. Sprinkle with 1/3 each of the green onions, olives, chile peppers, pimento peppers, Monterey Jack cheese, and Cheddar cheese. Repeat twice with the remaining ingredients.
step 2: In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and salsa. Pour over the layered ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
step 3: Remove the casserole from refrigerator, and remove plastic wrap. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 4: Bake 45 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven.