Toscana Soup Recipe
- 12 links spicy pork sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup diced onion
- 1 ¼ teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 4 cups water
- 2 potatoes, halved and sliced
- 2 cups sliced kale
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
step 1: Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
step 2: Place sausage links on a baking sheet and bake 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Slice into 1/2 inch slices.
step 3: Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent; add garlic and cook 1 minute.
step 4: Stir in broth, water and potatoes; simmer 15 minutes.
step 5: Reduce heat to low and add sausage, kale and cream; simmer until heated through and serve.