Tropical Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette Recipe
- 6 slices bacon
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- ½ cup chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup flaked coconut, toasted
step 1: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
step 2: Combine pineapple juice, red wine vinegar, oil, pepper and salt in a lidded jar or cruet. Cover and shake well.
step 3: Toss lettuce, pineapple, macadamia nuts, green onions and bacon together in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with toasted coconut.