Tropical Sunshine Cake Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained (juice reserved), divided
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 (7 ounce) can whipped cream
step 1: PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
step 2: COMBINE cake mix, evaporated milk and eggs in large mixer bowl. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup pineapple. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
step 3: BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
step 4: COMBINE sugar and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice in small bowl; mix until smooth. Spread over warm cake, sprinkle with coconut and remaining pineapple. Cool completely before serving. Top with whipped cream, if desired.