Tropical Vacation Sundaes Recipe
- 1 (15 ounce) can mangoes in light syrup, drained, reserving syrup
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons rum or reserved mango syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 pint banana ice cream or other tropical flavor ice cream or sorbet
- 1/4 cup canned flaked coconut, toasted until golden in a 350 degrees F oven
step 1: In small bowl, combine mangoes, 2 tablespoons reserved mango syrup, crystallized ginger, rum and lemon juice.
step 2: Place scoops of the ice cream into 4 dessert dishes. Spoon mango mixture over ice cream. Sprinkle with coconut.