Trudy's Super Deluxe Crab Dip Recipe
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup minced celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped
step 1: In a medium pot, heat mushroom soup. When soup is hot, stir in the cream cheese; continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted.
step 2: Stir gelatin into the cheese and soup mixture. Stir constantly, being careful not to let the mixture come to a boil. When the gelatin has dissolved, remove the pot from the heat and let cool.
step 3: Mix celery, onion, and mayonnaise into the cooled soup mixture. Add crabmeat to the mixture. Pour the dip into a serving bowl, cover the bowl, and refrigerate it for 2 hours before serving.