Turkey Bow Tie Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
step 1: In a large skillet or Dutch oven, brown turkey in oil.
step 2: Add celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender. Remove the turkey and vegetables with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
step 3: Add broth to the pan; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 10 minutes or until tender.
step 4: Reduce heat; stir in the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, chili powder, garlic salt if desired and turkey mixture. Simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.