Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 2 turkey thighs or drumsticks
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- Optional toppings: chopped green onions, sliced ripe olives, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or shredded lettuce
step 1: Remove skin from turkey. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine tomato sauce, chilies, onion, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and garlic powder; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until turkey is tender.
step 2: Remove turkey; shred meat with a fork and return to the slow cooker. Heat through.
step 3: Spoon about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up. Add toppings of your choice.