Turkey Lasagna Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked and chopped turkey
- 1 cup cooked chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package instant lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
step 1: In a medium skillet saute the chopped onions, celery and garlic in oil until soft and tender. Add chopped turkey and broccoli. Set aside.
step 2: To make white sauce: In a small saucepan over low heat melt butter or margarine. Remove from heat and add flour, salt, and pepper; and blend well. Return to low heat, whisk in milk and cook until thick.
step 3: To assemble, in the bottom of a casserole dish place a thin layer of white sauce, then a layer of noodles. Next, place a layer of the turkey mixture, followed by sauce, and then 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat layering process with turkey mixture and sauce. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
step 4: Bake in a preheated 350 degree (175 degree C) oven for 45-60 minutes until bubbly and heated through. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.