Turkey Oven Sandwich Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 pita breads (6 inches in diameter)
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium celery stalk, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- Paprika, if desired
step 1: Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Cook turkey, butter and poultry seasoning in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink; drain.
step 2: Split each pita bread around edge with knife to make 2 rounds. Line bottom and about halfway up sides of ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches, with pita breads (they will overlap slightly in middle). Layer turkey, tomato and celery on pitas.
step 3: Mix remaining ingredients except paprika; spoon over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until topping is light brown.