Turkey Tacos Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless turkey breast meat - cut into strips
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 package (12) ORTEGA® Taco Shells, warmed
- Toppings: SARGENTO® Nacho & Taco Blend Shredded Cheese, chopped tomato, ORTEGA® Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce
step 1: HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey; cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
step 2: STIR in water and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until mixture is thickened. Stir in sour cream.
step 3: FILL taco shells with turkey mixture. Top with cheese, tomato and taco sauce.