Turkey Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 1/4 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 1/4 cups red enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Combine chicken stock and tortilla strips in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until strips soften and broth thickens slightly. Stir in green and red enchilada sauces and cumin. Stir in turkey and half-and-half; heat through but do not boil.
step 2: Divide soup among four bowls and garnish with diced tomato, jalapeno, avocado and cheese.