Turkey a la Matt Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds turkey breast, cooked and cubed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup pearl onions
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Place the turkey breasts in a medium pot of boiling water over high heat. After about 5 minutes add the diced carrots and cubed potatoes to the pot and boil all for about 5 more minutes. Drain the water and transfer the vegetables to a medium bowl.
step 3: To the bowl add the peas, mushrooms, onions, chicken soup and mushroom soup. Cube the cooked turkey breasts and stir into the mixture. Mix together well and spread the mixture into a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with the coarsely crushed saltine crackers.
step 4: Cover and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes.