Turkey and Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- 1 pound frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup reduced fat cream of celery soup
- 1 cup shredded fat free Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- seasoned salt to taste
- 1 medium tomato, diced (optional)
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x12 inch casserole dish.
step 2: Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook hash browns until golden. Spread hash browns over bottom and sides of casserole dish to form a crust. In a separate skillet over medium heat, cook turkey until lightly brown. Mix in onion and cook until tender. Place broccoli in a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave 4 to 5 minutes on High, or until tender. Spread turkey, onion and broccoli over hash browns in the casserole dish.
step 3: In a bowl, mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of celery soup, Cheddar cheese, milk, garlic powder, pepper and seasoned salt. Pour over casserole.
step 4: Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly. Garnish with chopped tomatoes to serve.