Turkey with Mushroom Sauce Recipe
- 1 (3 pound) boneless turkey breast, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
step 1: Place the turkey, skin side up, in a slow cooker. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with parsley, tarragon, salt if desired and pepper. Top with mushrooms. Pour wine or broth over all.
step 2: Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
step 3: Remove turkey and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices.
step 4: In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually add cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the turkey.