Twenty-Four Hour Salad Recipe
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
step 1: In a large transparent bowl, layer lettuce, celery, bell peppers, onions, peas, mayonnaise, sugar and cheese. Sprinkle bacon bits evenly over the top of the salad.
step 2: Cover bowl, and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.