Twig Salad Recipe
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb and spice blend
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ½ heads iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound chopped cooked chicken breast meat
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 (2.25 ounce) package blanched slivered almonds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
step 1: In small bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, seasoning blend, and pepper. Set aside.
step 2: In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, chow mein noodles, almonds, sesame seeds, green onions, and poppy seeds. Toss to blend. Pour salad dressing over the salad just before serving.