Ultimate Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1 (1 pound) unsliced loaf French bread
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 (4.5 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
step 1: Cut bread diagonally into 1-1/2-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut cheese into 1-in. squares. Place one cheese square and one mushroom if desired into each slit. Combine butter and garlic powder; spoon over the bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
step 2: Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.