Southwest Appetizer Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Colby cheese
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces chopped green chile peppers
- 8 ounces jalapeno cheese dip
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 2 (2 ounce) cans sliced black olives
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Combine crushed tortilla chips and melted butter in a small mixing bowl. Press mixture into a 9-inch springform pan to form the crust.
step 3: In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, Colby-Jack cheese, cottage cheese, eggs and green chile peppers. Spread this mixture evenly into the crust.
step 4: Bake for 1 hour. When finished baking, remove cake from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
step 5: Combine the jalapeno dip and 8 ounces sour cream in a small mixing bowl. Spread this mixture over the cheesecake to cover any cracks. Return to cake the oven and bake 10 minutes.
step 6: Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for at least 4 hours. When cooled, dollop remaining sour cream on top of the cake (in the center). Arrange the tomatoes, black olives, and green onions around the sour cream in concentric circles.