Vanilla Bavarian Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 ½ (.25 ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
- 8 tablespoons cold water
- 9 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 ¼ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¾ cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
step 1: Soften gelatin in cold water. Scald the milk.
step 2: In a mixing bowl, mix together sugar and cornstarch. Add eggs and mix thoroughly. Add milk and softened gelatin, stirring constantly.
step 3: Cook custard in double boiler over hot water until it thickens and coats spoon. Remove from heat. Add ice cream while custard is hot. Cool thoroughly.
step 4: Add vanilla. Whip the cream, and fold 1 1/2 cups into cooled custard. Pour filling into pie shell, and refrigerate until set. Garnish with remaining whipped cream.