Veal Forestiere Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds thin veal cutlets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/2 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup veal stock
- 1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: Lightly flour veal cutlets, and shake off the excess. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place cutlets in pan, and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until browned and nearly cooked through. Remove veal from pan, and set aside.
step 2: Saute garlic and shallots in skillet until shallots are tender. Stir in mushrooms, and continue to cook until mushrooms begin to sweat. Pour in the wine; cook 2 to 3 minutes more, stirring with a spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan. Pour in stock, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes, or until liquid begins to reduce.
step 3: Return veal to pan with artichokes, and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, arrange the veal on plates, and spoon the sauce over.