Vegan Butternut Squash Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups mashed, cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease one 2 quart casserole dish and set aside.
step 2: Combine the butternut squash, white sugar, brown sugar, margarine, pineapple, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Mix well and pour into casserole dish.
step 3: Sprinkle with chopped nuts and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.