Vegetable Cheesy Soup Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: In a large stock pot bring water to boil and add frozen mixed vegetables, celery and onion. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender and then drain any excess water.
step 2: Using a 3 quart sauce pan melt margarine. Slowly stir in flour until both ingredients are blended. Slowly add milk, cheese and corn. Stir until cheese is completely melted.
step 3: Combine cheese mixture and vegetables and heat over low heat until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.