Vegetable Cutlets Recipe
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and snapped
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
step 1: Place the potatoes, carrot, green beans, and peas in a pot with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain vegetables, transfer to a bowl, and mash with a potato masher, leaving a few small chunks.
step 2: Mix the egg, 3/4 cup bread crumbs, garam masala, cayenne pepper, and salt into the bowl with the mashed vegetables. Form the mixture into small patties about 1/2 inch thick. Dredge the patties in the remaining bread crumbs to coat.
step 3: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and fry the coated patties until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.