Vegetable Soup II Recipe
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- 1/3 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking barley
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mixed vegetables, with liquid
- 1 (11.25 ounce) can baby kernel corn, with liquid
- salt and pepper to taste
step 1: In a large pot over medium heat, saute the celery and onion in the oil for 5 to 10 minutes, or until onions are tender. Add the chicken broth, beef broth, tomatoes with juice and tomato-vegetable juice cocktail.
step 2: Bring to a boil, add the pasta and the barley, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the pasta and barley are tender.
step 3: Add the mixed vegetables and the corn and bring the soup back to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low and allow the soup to simmer for 15 more minutes.