Vegetarian Fajitas Recipe
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup quartered, sliced onion
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can black pinto or kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package ORTEGA® Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 (6 inch) fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed
step 1: HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
step 2: STIR in beans, corn, fajita seasoning mix and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro.
step 3: SPOON 1/2 cup fajita mixture onto each tortilla; fold in half.