Vegetarian Pad Thai Recipe
- 1 (6.75 ounce) package thin rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 ounces fried tofu, sliced into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch white sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
step 1: Place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for 5 minutes, until pliable but not mushy. Drain water and set aside.
step 2: Heat oil in wok over medium heat. Add garlic, and fry until brown. Add noodles, and fry until heated through. Push to the side.
step 3: Break egg into the base of the wok, and mix gently. As it begins to set, break it up and mix it into the noodles. Mix in soy sauce and sugar. Stir in tofu, bean sprouts, peanuts, and cilantro. Remove from heat. Garnish with lime wedges.