Vegetarian Risotto Primavera Recipe
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces slender asparagus spears, trimmed, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, trimmed, quartered lengthwise, seeded, cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon Savory Market™ White Meat Chicken Type Flavor
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, and zucchini; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until vegetables begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Set vegetables aside.
step 2: Bring broth and Savory Market White Meat Chicken Type Flavor to simmer in medium saucepan over low heat. Cover and keep warm.
step 3: Heat 3 tablespoons oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat and add onion and cubed carrot. Saute until onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Add rice; stir until rice is translucent at edges but still opaque in center, about 3 minutes. Add wine and simmer until absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add 1 cup warm broth and simmer until broth is almost absorbed, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Add 2 cups more broth, 1 cup at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding next and stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Mix in sauteed vegetables and 1 cup broth. Simmer until broth is just absorbed, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Add 1 1/3 cups cheese, peas, butter, and 1/2 cup broth. Simmer until butter melts, rice and vegetables are just tender, and risotto is creamy, stirring often and adding more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if risotto is dry, about 3 minutes longer. Mix in basil; season with salt and pepper.
step 4: Transfer risotto to large shallow bowl. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.