Veggie Bread Bowl Recipe
- 4 poppy seed crusty rolls
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 3 ounces fat-free cream cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh dill (optional)
step 1: CUT off tops of rolls, reserving tops. Hollow out rolls, leaving a 1/4-inch shell in each.
step 2: SAUTE onion and next 4 ingredients in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan; set aside.
step 3: HEAT skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat; add egg substitute and cream cheese. Cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom.
step 4: DRAW a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds. Continue cooking until eggs are thickened and moist (do not stir constantly). Remove from heat.
step 5: SPOON evenly into rolls. Top evenly with onion mixture and feta cheese. Sprinkle with dill, if desired. Replace tops of rolls. Serve with sliced cantaloupe, if desired.