Veggie Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 cup ketchup
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
step 3: Meanwhile, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until tender. Set aside.
step 4: In a large bowl combine cooked rice, lentils, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, egg, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley and cooked onions; mix well. Press mixture into prepared pan; spread ketchup on top of loaf.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.