Veggie Puree Recipe
- 3 (10.5 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 turnip, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
step 1: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring vegetable broth to a boil.
step 2: To the boiling broth add potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, turnip, cabbage, mushrooms and salt. Boil for 40 minutes, or until vegetables are very well cooked. Drain.
step 3: Puree vegetables in a food processor or blender. Sprinkle the puree with brown sugar and stir gently. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.