Venison Italian Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package fusilli (spiral) pasta
step 1: Brown venison, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and spices. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 30 minutes.
step 2: Stir in beans, carrots, and zucchini. Simmer soup for 90 minutes.
step 3: Add pasta, and cook until tender. Top individual servings with grated cheese, and serve.