Venison Stew I Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds venison stew meat
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 7 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
step 1: In a skillet, deeply brown the meat in oil. Add onions, garlic. Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, oregano, salt, and water. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
step 2: Add potatoes and carrots; cook until tender.
step 3: Combine flour and water. Stir into the stew. Remove bay leaf before serving.