Very Spicy Thai Green Chicken Curry Recipe
- 2 large shallots, peeled and quartered
- 10 Thai bird's eye chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ bunch fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 (1 1/2 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or more as needed
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
step 1: Combine shallots, bird's eye chile peppers, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, basil, garlic, ginger, lime juice, lime zest, lime flesh, lemon juice, sesame oil, and pepper in a food processor. Process, adding enough olive oil to make a paste that is thick but not thick enough to form peaks when you stir it.
step 2: Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a heavy saucepan over medium heat and fry curry paste, stirring constantly, until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until chicken has sealed on all sides, about 5 minutes.
step 3: Pour coconut milk and chicken stock into the saucepan with the chicken; mix well. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until liquid has reduced to a thick sauce that clings to a spoon, 20 to 30 minutes. Add kaffir lime leaves and simmer for 1 more minute.