Vidalia Onion Tart Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large Vidalia onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 packet dry leek soup mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C.)
step 2: In a large heavy skillet, saute butter and diced Vidalia onion. Cook until lightly caramelized. Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream. Slowly whisk in evaporated milk. Whisk in dry soup mix until completely incorporated. Whisk in eggs. Mix in the shredded cheese until blended. Spoon mixture into an unbaked pastry. Place pie on a cookie sheet and place into oven.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven 40 to 45 minutes; or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes.