Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup Recipe
- 4 ounces dried rice noodles
- 6 cups cold water
- 3 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Thai chile, chopped
- 1/2 pound boneless top round steak, sliced very thin
- 1/4 pound fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 pound mung bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 wedges lime
- hot pepper sauce (optional)
- oyster sauce (optional)
step 1: Soak noodles in cold water for 30 minutes. Drain. Bring water to a boil in large pot. Add noodles, and boil 3 to 5 minutes - don't overcook. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
step 2: Meanwhile, combine beef broth, ginger, salt, and Thai pepper in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes.
step 3: Place equal portions of noodles into 4 large soup bowls, and place raw beef on top. Ladle hot broth over noodles and beef. Garnish with lime wedges, basil leaves, cilantro, mung beans, and green onions, and serve with hot pepper sauce and oyster sauce.