Vietnamese Rice with Shrimp Recipe
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 stalks McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Lemon Grass
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 3/4 pound small peeled and cooked shrimp
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon nuoc mam (Vietnamese fish sauce)
step 1: In 2-quart saucepan, bring chicken broth with lemon grass to boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove lemon grass and finely chop (discarding hard root ends). Gently stir back into rice. Partially cover pan and cool rice 15 to 30 minutes.
step 2: To make thin egg strips, beat egg well with 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil. Pour into hot, large non-stick skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Cook over medium heat, tilting skillet to form egg into thin pancake. Cook until set; turn and cook a few seconds longer. Remove egg pancake and roll up. Slice crosswise into thin strips.
step 3: In same skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry shrimp and green onions for about 30 seconds, just to heat.
step 4: Add cooked rice and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Add nuoc mam and egg strips. Gently toss to combine and briefly heat.