Vodka Rigatoni Recipe
- ¼ pound chopped prosciutto
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 fluid ounce vodka
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- ¼ cup green peas
step 1: Drain roasted peppers, reserving a small amount of the liquid. Cut peppers into strips.
step 2: Combine prosciutto, cream, crushed tomatoes, vodka, roasted peppers with reserved liquid, parsley, garlic powder, sugar, salt and black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a saucepan. Cover. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the sauce comes to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
step 3: Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
step 4: Stir cheese into the sauce. Stir sauce into rigatoni and top with peas.