- 10 eggs
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 pounds all-purpose flour
- 2 ⅔ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 quarts oil for deep frying
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar for decoration
step 1: In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, orange extract, orange zest, orange juice concentrate and heavy cream until very well blended. Stir in the baking powder and salt. Gradually mix in enough flour to form a soft but firm dough.
step 2: Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep cast iron skillet or electric skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch in thickness. Cut into 3x2 inch squares and make a slit in the middle of each one.
step 3: Fry on each side in the hot oil until golden brown. Add more oil to the skillet as needed. When cooled dust cookies with confectioners' sugar.