Warm Brussels Sprout, Bacon and Spinach Salad Recipe
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoons caraway seed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon white sugar
- ½ pound spinach - chopped, washed and dried
step 1: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside. In a medium sauce pan, steam Brussels sprouts until tender.
step 2: Heat the remaining fat in the skillet over medium high heat and add the Brussels sprouts and caraway seeds. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sprouts are tender.
step 3: Remove the skillet from heat, stir in the oil, vinegar, and sugar. Stir, and add the spinach. Saute the mixture over moderately high heat for 1 minute or until the spinach is wilted. Season salad with pepper and sprinkle with bacon. Serve warm.