Warm Orange and Mushroom Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 10 ounces spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1 medium head radicchio
- 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 6 ounces fresh oyster mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- ½ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1 (3 ounce) package enoki mushrooms
step 1: Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove, crumble and set aside. Reserve bacon fat.
step 2: Whisk together 1/4 cup bacon fat, orange juice, shallots, olive oil and vinegar.
step 3: In a large bowl, combine the spinach and radicchio.
step 4: Heat 2 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shitake mushrooms and cook for 1 minute. Add oyster mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; add to greens and toss.
step 5: Pour dressing into same skillet and boil 2 minutes. Pour dressing over greens. Add bacon, orange segments and chopped hazelnuts. Toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish salad with enoki mushrooms and serve.