West Coast Grilled Catfish with Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Strawberry Salsa:
- 2 cups ripe strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
step 1: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the mustard. Prepare a hot fire.
step 2: When ready to grill, place an oiled grill rack over the fire. Lightly baste each side of the fish with the mustard butter and place on the rack. Grill until opaque and just beginning to flake when tested with a fork, 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once halfway through the grilling time and basting frequently with the mustard butter. Serve with the salsa on the side.
step 3: Strawberry Salsa: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Makes 2 cups.