Whole Wheat Fusilli and Champagne Shrimp and Lemon Rosemary Sauce Recipe
- 10 ounces DeBoles® Whole Wheat Fusilli Pasta
- 1 pound medium shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 1 cup champagne
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 baby portabella mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley for garnish
step 1: Combine all spices in a bowl except lemon zest and set aside.
step 2: Heat 1/4 cup of butter in a large skillet over a medium high heat. Add mushrooms, green onions and half of the seasonings and saute until mushrooms are golden in color. Add champagne, bring to a slow boil and reduce the liquid by half, about 5 minutes. Add cream and continue to slow boil until sauce thickens.
step 3: In another large skillet heat remaining butter and spices add shrimp, saute until shrimp have turned pink in color, add lemon zest and then combine shrimp and seasonings to mushroom sauce mixture and serve over prepared cooked pasta. And top with fresh chopped parsley.